September 14, 2016
August 17, 2016
May 18, 2016
April 13, 2016
- FAST Ultrasound Examination as a Predictor of Outcomes After Resuscitative Thoracotomy. Ann Surg 2015
- The effect of bedside ultrasound on diagnosis and management of soft tissue infections in a pediatric ED. AJEM 2011
- Diagnostic Performance of Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Performed by Emergency Physicians for the Assessment of Ascending Aorta Dilation and Aneurysm. Acad EM. 2015
March 16, 2016
February 10, 2016
- Prospective Comparison of the Alvarado Score and CT Scan in the Evaluation of Suspected Appendicitis. JACS 2015
- Poor Sensitivity of a Modified Alvarado Score in Adults With Suspected Appendicitis. Ann EM 2013
- Effect of CT of the Appendix on Treatment of Patients and Use of Hospital Resources. NEJM 1998
January 20, 2016
- Comparison of Therapeutic Effects of Mag. Sulfate vs. Dexamethasone/Metoclopramide for Acute Migraine Headache. PEM 2015
- Co-trimoxazole and sudden death in patients receiving inhibitors of renin-angiotensin system. BMJ 2014
- Prehospital Use of IM Ketamine for Sedation of Violent and Agitated Patients. WJEM 2014
November 18, 2015
Oct 14, 2016
Sep 16, 2016
- The role of emergent neuroimaging in children with new-onset afebrile seizures. Pediatrics 2003.
- Dexamethasone for Acute Asthma Exacerbations in Children: A Meta-analysis. Pediatrics 2014.
- External validation of the Blunt Abdominal Trauma in Children (BATiC) score: ruling out significant abdominal injury in children. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2014.
Aug 26, 2016
- Delayed sequence intubation: a prospective observational study. AEM 2015.
- Single-dose etomidate does not increase mortality in patients with sepsis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and observational studies. Chest 2015.
- Comparison of succinylcholine and rocuronium for first-attempt intubation success in the emergency department. AEM 2010.
May 27, 2015
- Sensitivity of computed tomography performed within six hours of onset of headache for diagnosis of subarachnoid haemorrhage: prospective cohort study. BMJ 2011.
- Can computed tomography angiography of the brain replace lumbar puncture in the evaluation of acute-onset headache after a negative noncontrast cranial computed tomography scan? AEM 2010.
- Is the combination of negative computed tomography result and negative lumbar puncture result sufficient to rule out subarachnoid hemorrhage? AEM 2008.
April 29, 2015
April 1, 2015
- Randomized Assessment of Rapid Endovascular Treatment of Ischemic Stroke. NEJM, 2015.
- The Use of Cephalosporins in Penicillin-Allergic Patients: A Literature Review. JEM, 2012.
- A Controlled Trial of Early Adjunctive Treatment with Corticosteroids for Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia in the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. NEJM, 1990.
March 4, 2015
- The Effect of Malpractice Reform on Emergency Department Care. NEJM, 2014.
- Transfusion of Plasma, Platelets, and Red Blood Cells in a 1:1:1 vs a 1:1:2 Ratio and Mortality in Patients With Severe Trauma The PROPPR Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA, 2015.
- Factors influencing the development of antibiotic associated diarrhea in ED patients discharged home: risk of administering IV antibiotics. Am J of EM.
February 4, 2015
- Patient satisfaction surveys and quality of care: an information paper. Ann Emerg Med, 2014.
- The Strategy that will Fix Healthcare. Harvard Business Review, 2013.
- Topical tetracaine used for 24 hours is safe and rated highly effective by patients for the treatment of pain caused by corneal abrasions: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial. Acad Emerg Med, 2014.
January 7, 2015
- Acetaminophen Use During Pregnancy, Behavioral Problems, and Hyperkinetic Disorders. JAMA Pediatrics, 2014.
- A Risk Prediction Score for Kidney Failure or Mortality in Rhabdomyolysis. JAMA Intern Med, 2013.
- Intermittent hemodialysis is superior to continuous veno-venous hemodialysis/hemodiafiltration to eliminate methanol and formate during treatment for methanol poisoning. Kidney Int, 2014.
November 12, 2014
- The CRASH-2 trial: a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation of the effects of tranexamic acid on death, vascular occlusive events and transfusion requirement in bleeding trauma patients. Lancet, 2010.
- Clinical Relevance of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Cervical Spine Clearance. JAMA Surg, 2014.
- Selective Nonoperative Management in 1106 Patients With Abdominal Gunshot Wounds. Ann Surg, 2014.
October 15, 2014
- Management of alcohol withdrawal delirium. An evidence-based practice guideline. Arch Int Med, 2004.
- Value of the QRS duration versus the serum drug level in predicting seizures and ventricular arrhythmias after an acute overdose of tricyclic antidepressants. NEJM, 1985.
- CDC: Major Disparities in Opioid Prescribing Among States
- Decline in Drug Overdose Deaths After State Policy Changes — Florida, 2010–2012.
September 17, 2014
- Efficacy of Antibiotic Therapy for Acute Exacerbations of Mild to Moderate Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 2012.
- High versus Low Blood-Pressure Target in Patients with Septic Shock. NEJM, 2014.
- Bacteremia Risk and Outpatient Management of Febrile Patients With Sickle Cell Disease. Pediatrics, 2013.